Monday, July 27, 2009

4-D Picture of "Baby H"

It is amazing how far technology has come. As I had my 18 week ultrasound (this one is dedicated to viewing the anatomy of the baby) last week, I watched our little peanut: rub his eyes, flip flop, sit crossed legged & do lots of other acrobatic tricks for my little sister Melissa, the doctor & I. As Baby H was showing off his tricks, the doctor was trying to capture images of his legs, arms, feet... She would tell us what she was looking for & then the baby would move. Almost as if he was playing hide-n-seek. In addition to watching the baby rub his eyes, one of the most amazing things I saw that day was the baby's heart. I could see all four chambers, the valves working & the blood flowing in and out. Needless to say, the 4-D ultrasound is quite an experience.

Here's a a picture for you all to see - can you tell he takes after his father?




Baby H is deep in thought.

Until next time ~ M + 1

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! We never had anything this clear while I was pregnant with Naya. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! very cool. however... i need one more posting explaining the photo to me. I'm horrible at these things!! I definitely see fingers... but - is that a nose??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations guys! (I finally figured out how to comment on your blog:) I think you will love having a little boy, they are a lot of fun! Those pictures are amazing, and from what we have experienced, when they come out, they look just like their pre-birth photos!

    ReplyDelete